Your privacy is critically important to me. I have a few fundamental principles:
- Eterna is thoughtful about the personal information it asks you to provide and the personal information collected about you through the operation of the app services.
- Eterna stores personal information for only as long as it has a reason to keep it.
Information We Collect
Eterna only collects information about you for the purposes of authorizing your use of the app. Eterna collects information in only one way: if and when you provide information to the app.
Information You Provide to Eterna
It’s probably no surprise that Eterna collects information that you provide. The amount and type of information depends on the context and how it uses the information. Here are some examples:
- Basic Account Information: Eterna asks for basic information from you in order to set up your account. For example, it requires individuals who sign up to provide an email address. You may provide more information — like your address and other information you want to share — but it’s not required to share that information to create an account.
- Content Information: If you have contacts added to the app this data will be securely stored on our servers and is not shared with anyone other than you.
- Credentials: A password is required to open an account and log into the app. An encrypted version of the password is stored and cannot be accessed by anyone.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
This one’s easy: nothing.
How Eterna Shares Information
This one’s also pretty simple: it doesn’t.
How Long Eterna Keeps Information
Eterna stores data as long as the data exists – if you remove data, it’s gone immediately. Deleting your contacts will remove them permanently from our servers.
While no online service is 100% secure, I work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring the app’s infrastructure for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
Your data is only accessible to you and cannot be accessed by other users.
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
You can access, correct, or delete your personal data using the app itself, but if you aren’t able to do that, or you would like to contact me about one of the other rights, scroll down to How to Reach Me to find out how to reach me. EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
How to Reach Me